Me Me Me


Wong Keen Hing aka Justin

When was the last time you tried recalling something that you never remembered?

My blogger code:
B5 d t- k+ s u-- f i o+ x- e+ l c--
(decode it!)
View my Friendster profile

Contact

Email: Image hosted by Photobucket.com
MSN: MSN Online Status Indicator

Previous Posts

Archives

Highlights

Categories

My fellow bloggers

I recommend...

Demonoid.com - A Bit Torrent community
Rukia fanblog
PlanetMy Pastor Sivin Kit

Rate this blog

The PPS Directory



Link to me

www.wongkeenhing.com

If possible, please upload the image into another server, thanks.

Buttons

Web Counter
:: MalaysiaTopBlogs ::
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Top100bloggers.com

hit counter
BolehBlogs
Best Blogs in Asia
Web Blog Pinging Service blog search directory
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

malaysia blog

Malaysia

blogdemand.png
Save the Animals
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Oxymoron: my driving skills

Ever since I had my license, the car which I use to transport myself anywhere belongs to my mum. In short, I have been driving my mum's car: a Hyundai Accent. It seems that I am not ready for my dad's car: a Hyundai Sonata, which is too big and bulky for me to handle. Fine then, I'll settle for my mum's.

My capability of maneuvering a car has been picking up gradually for the past few months. When I said gradually, I meant slowly. When I said slowly, I meant that I'll never learn. Every single time I drive my mum somewhere, she had to hold that safety handle at least once. Never once did she not complain about how I handle speedbumps, cornerings, and everything under the sun. Gee, I don't even need the radio anymore.

I need all the practice I can get! But there was plenty a time when my brother hogged the car, and it was for work purposes. If I don't get to drive, my P license will be a mere wallet decoration. There is a teaching value in experience, therefore it is essentially fundamental (or is it fundamentally essential? Ah, screw it) for me to gain some.

My lack of experience did shove its ugly ass in my face. The other day, I scratched my mum's car badly (View the full story). That incident sort of hinted to me that maybe, just maybe, I am not that careful after all.

But recently, I did not encounter any accidents despite the distance I travelled, which is further than I ever did, and various complications. I did, however, have some close-calls. Somehow, in some way, I manage to return home with no physical evidence of misconduct on the car.

Then I recall something my ever-wise dad told me when I kept saying that nothing bad happened to me (Not counting that scratching affair):
"It was not your ability to drive well that prevented those accidents. Rather, it was that of the other drivers."

He didn't exactly say that but that was what he meant, I just rephrased it. It implied that I am still a long way from being a good driver. I could not disagree, but I still could get myself out of tight spots (Again, not counting that scratching affair).

Bottomline: I am just plain lucky on the road I guess...

Another piece of Justin Wong's mind at 7/27/2005 11:43:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment
:
:
:

BloggerHacks

________________________________________________________________________________________