Me Me Me


Wong Keen Hing aka Justin

When was the last time you tried recalling something that you never remembered?

My blogger code:
B5 d t- k+ s u-- f i o+ x- e+ l c--
(decode it!)
View my Friendster profile

Contact

Email: Image hosted by Photobucket.com
MSN: MSN Online Status Indicator

Previous Posts

Archives

Highlights

Categories

My fellow bloggers

I recommend...

Demonoid.com - A Bit Torrent community
Rukia fanblog
PlanetMy Pastor Sivin Kit

Rate this blog

The PPS Directory



Link to me

www.wongkeenhing.com

If possible, please upload the image into another server, thanks.

Buttons

Web Counter
:: MalaysiaTopBlogs ::
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Top100bloggers.com

hit counter
BolehBlogs
Best Blogs in Asia
Web Blog Pinging Service blog search directory
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

malaysia blog

Malaysia

blogdemand.png
Save the Animals
Saturday, July 09, 2005
The Country DotCom Awards 2005

Hello everybody and welcome to 'The Country DotCom Awards 2005', the show where the best of the best *nameofcountry*.com domains are hereby awarded their category wins. Now, the internet is full of websites to promote tourism and such but as for this show, I only allow the name of the country in the domain name, nothing more. For example, I do not accept www.lifeinjapan.com or www.travelitaly.com, whereas www.japan.com & www.italy.com qualifies. Also, I do not accept .net, .org, .co.uk and the lot; only .com. However, if the domain name leads to another website but maintain its relevance, I consider it qualified. Without further adue, let's move on to our first category.

The Most Up-To-Date
www.canada.com
Canada.com is the one page that has constantly updated information as it serves as a hub for its local newspapers and television channels, unlike any other country dotcoms. On another note, I found an efficient news website that offers plenty of timely news articles on that particular country; that is when I typed in countries like malawi.com, togo.com or kazakhstan.com. But all of them are actually pages from a media conglomerate, World News Network's website. Hence, it does not qualify. Canada.com takes the win.

The Most Informative
www.china.com
Here, I am judging the English version; you have to click on the 'English' button. China.com contains info from news to history, even real estate and dating. Following closely behind is japan.com as the runner-up.

The Best Design
www.morocco.com
Believe or not, Morocco.com grabs this one, after much consideration, of course. Runner-ups are Bosnia.com and Newzealand.com

The Best Look and Feel
www.seychelles.com
This one comes a surprise to me as I almost overlooked this country. The entire website is flash-based but maintains its user-friendliness and simplicity. It even comes with serene beach sounds.

The Best Strictly Tourism
www.england.com
This one judges country dotcoms that has tourism info only. As England.com and Britain.com both led me to Londontown.com, I made it the winner for its sheer usefulness despite its limitation to just London. Runner ups include Australia.com and France.com

The Most Ambitious
www.arabia.com
Let's ignore the non-English version here. Arabia.com attempts to reach a younger audience, as it contains sections for Cars, Mobile, and even Entertainment. No other country dotcoms offer such information in that area.

The Best Intro Page
www.malta.com
Actually, Malta.com is the only country dotcom I can find with an intro page. However, it gives a flash video clip of a beautiful beach, enough make it unchallengable.

The Best Logo
www.malta.com
Malta.com's logo is so good, it is the only reason I made this category. It even has a cool tagline: 'Past Present Future Perfect'. How cool is that? See it for yourself.

Well thats it for the positive awards. I would want to give negative ones but I'll do special mentions instead.

Mongolia.com

At the bottom of the page, I found two links: one 'Pregnancy' and the other 'Pregnant'. I don't get it either.

India.com
My user-friendliness rating: -6. It does not give you any information whatsoever unless you are a registered user. The front page is bare, for goodness sakes.

Germany.com
Looks like some guy managed to grab the domain name before the government or some company does. The result is depressing.

Malawi.com

I never knew that stating the obvious can be so formal.

Well, that's all for today. This is the best proof I can muster to date to show you that I have nothing better to do.

Another piece of Justin Wong's mind at 7/09/2005 11:02:00 AM

1 Comments:

very Nice article
at
9/08/2019 12:41:00 PM
_______________
 
Post a Comment
:
:
:

BloggerHacks

________________________________________________________________________________________